
When something gets you down or frustrated at life, it is time to take a moment for yourself. And I don't mean just 5 seconds to breathe because that won't do anything but delay a break down or a blow up. How did I learn this? From breaking down and blowing up one to many times in front of people I care so much about.
Today I felt this way. I felt so angry and upset without due cause. And at a person that meant no harm to me. And I finally came to the realization that I needed to step away for MORE than just a second to breathe. I need REAL time to bring myself back, step into the light(I am NOT referring to God or anything like that) that I know will always be with me, see what I am missing in the situation, what is causing my frustration or saddness, and finally see if any of it is justified. Today it was not, the next time it might be, but justified or not it does not mean I have to be feeling badly. It is MY CHOICE. And it will always be my choice. What will your choice be today and tomorrow?
So I am very happy to realize that I really have a choice over being happy, mad, and even sad! = Power
Photo: By Sydney Smith of Sydney Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment