All site professional photography done by Shires Photography.

Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jewelry and pounding out life's stress

I had a great time yesterday night. I took that beading well - metal stamping class I have been twittering about and I made a pretty neat little pendent with some help. The instructor was really nice and even stayed longer than the a lotted time. I still have many left over blank metal pieces that I don't know what to do with now (because I can't afford to buy a really good set of metal stamps) but ah well. Maybe if I get healthier and stronger I could get the cheap ones that you just beat the sh*t out of lol. I think some of you would LOVE it. Not only for the breadth of creativity- oh Vanessa you would go crazy with it. But Courtney, you would flip out with the fact that you can make some thing beautiful by banging the sh*t out of it. Note it has to be very very very precise banging or it will not turn out correct. So (lol) this is like therapy: say you are so frustrated that you are having to deal with 20 million different things as a survivor. Well, with metal stamping, you can write out what is bothering you. Choose one thing because you have to be precise, and just wham, wham, wham! It is on the metal and not inside of you any more. You can visually see it, tactually feel it, and if you do it long enough maybe even improve your aim. Your issue is now not an issue because you dealt with it in art, yes loud, some what violent art, but its not hurting you or anyone else, its actually making you and the world more beautiful.

I just thought of this "therapy." When I was in my class I only thought of yes you could vent with this maybe but you have to be so precise you really need to concentrate. I think this is why my mind needed time to see that if it was to work as an art therapy you could only work in your mind on one issue just as you are only working on one letter or symbol at a time. If you do more your likely to slip up or miss spell your work! That is not what I'm looking for ;)

Ok, well I should take a nap. My back is really really hurting. Oh I'm still working on getting my service dog but I may just give up soon due to lack of funding. I'll talk more about that later I guess. :huggles: to you all. Fly high!

No comments:

Post a Comment