Angela Shelton Foundation Month Long Blog-a-thon
Title: I'm more than good enough!
Post photography by: Steven Shires | Pixel Pro Shop
Please donate $ to the Angela Shelton Foundation if you get anything from this or any of my other articles this month-July 10th! Thank you. Click here to donate! To see Angela Shelton's private website click here.
Dear survivor of;
(The not so pleasant things)
- 1. The western's world pressure on women to be thin and beautiful, and sexy 24-7
- 2. Physical disabilities
- 3. Emotional disorders (most caused by something listed later or society)
- 4. Graduating from a semi-broken University
- 5. Having family (a wonderful one though) that lacked emotional output as in hugs frequently
- 6. Learning disabilities that were never tested and treated until I requested it in college after my difficult math course because I could tell no one was having as much difficultly as me and I was also flipping numbers. Also my professor said that I might have a LD so I should get tested and be extra careful on exams esp. until then :p. I was only able to be tested after that course was over and I was at least 1+ standard deviations away from my IQ! 112-124?= IQ while Math= 75 which is or one point away from MR!
- 7. Being in an abusive relationship for too long. It wasn't even that long but then their was the aftermath.
- 8. In this abusive relationship, the physical abuse
- 9. In this abusive relationship, the emotional abuse like I am stupid when he was the stupid one
- 10. In this abusive relationship, the still hard to even type sexual abuse and r word, rape. I said it. good for me!
The point here is I SURVIVED IT AND...
(Pleasant things..)
- 1. I am actually pretty
- 2. I am not "fat"
- 3. Someone in the world cares or is affected by something I do
- 4. I am loved... I am loved... I am loved (creating new neuro pathways hehe ;D)
- 5. I love that I have a family that cares a lot about me
- 6. I am an Artist
- 7. I love having my sever chronic pain managed somewhat for the moment
- 8. I love having a partner/ significant other/bf that cares a lot about me
- 9. I love my ability to connect with animals
- 10. I love that I know I have LIGHT inside me that will never ever go away, that will always be there even if I don't feel it, that I can always work to rekindle my light, and help others find their light that they have that also will never go away even if they think they have never felt it before.
- 11. I enjoy friendships even when I feel horrible for not having enough time for them.
- 12. I love horseback riding and the feeling of connection between myself and the horse. Also the independence and freedom once in the saddle. <3
- 13. I love Mother Earth
- 14. I love that I know I have already LOVED much not mention and I love that I know that I will LOVE MUCH MORE!
That is the past, I have faced it head on, eye to eye, heart to heart. I've dived deep down into my past's soul and come out not just SURVIVING but THRIVING. ~YES THRIVING!!!!!
This achievement in my life that I once felt was a personal disaster happened due to the following people and organizations in order by date: My boy friend, my (good) counselors, my University's women's center, TBTN, The Clothesline Project, Angela Shelton, some of my Professors, The Glass Breaking Project, Army of Angels, and all the other survivors through A.S. and other places. Thank you and others that I did not mention for specific reasons. You have changed a life. I have finally given up somethings that I thought were right if a person tells you so. (ie. Your stupid- from my Abuser). Well I am now free from that, I am "me", whom ever I wish to be! And I am a smart beautiful person ~Sydney Smith
Consequently now I'm on the search of who I am and want to be now that I am not Stupid, fat and ugly! I'm so excited! I know it won't be easy but I pray I have gone threw the hardest part. I posted this photograph by Steven Shires that he made for AUU. I think this is very representative of what this process is. I'm just trying to climb one mountain at a time..... it should be easier that way and should not be so daunting looking at one compared to the range. Thank you Steven! If anyone would like a print of this photo you can either contact Steven Shires yourself at the website that I have linked in this post or on my coffee lounge. I think it would be nice to have in an office don't you think?!
Consequently now I'm on the search of who I am and want to be now that I am not Stupid, fat and ugly! I'm so excited! I know it won't be easy but I pray I have gone threw the hardest part. I posted this photograph by Steven Shires that he made for AUU. I think this is very representative of what this process is. I'm just trying to climb one mountain at a time..... it should be easier that way and should not be so daunting looking at one compared to the range. Thank you Steven! If anyone would like a print of this photo you can either contact Steven Shires yourself at the website that I have linked in this post or on my coffee lounge. I think it would be nice to have in an office don't you think?!
No comments:
Post a Comment